Circulation/Reserve is open the entire time the library is. We ask that you listen for the closing bells each night.
The bells are rung at 30 minutes before closing, 15 minutes before closing, and the third bell signifies the closing of the building.
Our hours will vary during breaks and times of inclement weather; please call 540-231-6170 or visit the library web page for current hours.
What is a "branch"?
Materials that do not circulate
Some materials are meant for use in the library only and do not circulate. These include:
- Reference books (labeled with REF before the call number on the spine)
- Current periodicals (current journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- US Bureau of Census publications, maps, and microforms
- Most items in Special Collection (these are labeled "Spec Use Only")
- Certain other materials usually labeled "Item does not Circulate" and appear as "Lib Use Only" in the library database