You receive an overdue notice for a book you believe you have already returned or have never checked out. What can you do?
- Call Circulation/Reserve at 540-231-6340 or send an email to the Circulation Department to inform us that you have returned a particular book
- Circulation/Reserve will place a special status on the item
- You will continue to receive automatic overdue notices via email while the situation is pending
- The item in question will be searched for three times in the library
- If after three searches the book cannot be found, you will receive a notification letter in the mail along with a fine appeal form
- Submit the fine appeal form to Circulation/Reserve if you wish to proceed further
- You have a 30 day time limit from the date stated in the notification letter to file an appeal with the library.