Skip Menu

Return to Skip Menu

Main Content

But I've returned/never checked out this book

You receive an overdue notice for a book you believe you have already returned or have never checked out. What can you do?

  • Call Circulation/Reserve at 540-231-6340 or send an email to the Circulation Department to inform us that you have returned a particular book
  • Circulation/Reserve will place a special status on the item
  • You will continue to receive automatic overdue notices via email while the situation is pending
  • The item in question will be searched for three times in the library
  • If after three searches the book cannot be found, you will receive a notification letter in the mail along with a fine appeal form
  • Submit the fine appeal form to Circulation/Reserve if you wish to proceed further
  • You have a 30 day time limit from the date stated in the notification letter to file an appeal with the library.

Ask the Circulation Desk


My Library Account

Check My Library Account to view all materials checked out to you, due dates, renewal options, awaiting materials you have requested, and any fines you may have.