Databib is a tool for helping people identify and locate online repositories of research data. Users and bibliographers create and curate records that describe data repositories that users can search.
- What repositories are appropriate for a researcher to submit his or her data to?
- How do users find appropriate data repositories and discover datasets that meet their needs?
- How can librarians help patrons locate and integrate data into their research or learning?
Databib attempts to address these needs for the research community, including:
- data users
- data producers
- publishers and professional societies
- research funding agencies