Drama Online's constantly growing collection meets the full range of teaching needs for theatre studies and literature courses. From the epic to the monologue; ensemble to one-person plays; comedy to tragedy; the historical to the contemporary; and from the highly political to the profoundly personal, there is plenty to discover.
Its unique Play Tools with Character Grids, Words and Speech graphs and Part Books offer a new way to engage with plays for close study or for performance.
Enjoy access to the finest drama texts:
- From Aeschylus to the present day.
- Student editions, scholarly works and first night programme texts.
- The internationally renowne Arden Shakespeare Series.
- Realist works from Ibsen and Chekhov.
- Major foreign works in translation: Bertolt Brecht, Luigi Pirandello, Eduardo De Filippo, Frank Wedekind and more.
- Comic masterpieces from Oscar Wilde and Noël Coward.
- Modern classics from Tom Stoppard, David Mamet, Alan Bennett, Caryl Churchill, Simon Stephens, Mark Ravenhill, Edward Bond, Alan Ayckbourn, Harold Pinter, Christopher Hampton, Brian Friel, Willy Russell, John Osborne, David Greig, David Harrower, April De Angelis, David Hare, Anthony Neilson, Shelagh Stephenson, David Eldridge and many more.
- A continually growing collection of the very latest contemporary writers including Polly Stenham, Katori Hall, D.C. Moore, James Graham, Rebecca Lenkiewicz and Lucy Prebble.
- Now includes streaming media: filmed live performances from Shakespeare's Globe and professional audio recordings from L.A Theatre Works.