Plant Management Network (PMN) is a not-for-profit, online publishing effort whose mission is to enhance the health, management, and production of agricultural and horticultural crops. PMN achieves this mission by developing science-based resources that help researchers, crop management professionals, consultants, growers, educators, and students make better plant management decisions and recommendations.
PMN is jointly managed by the American Phytopathological Society, American Society of Agronomy, and Crop Science Society of America, in conjunction with many other partners, including scientific societies, agricultural universities, and agribusiness.
- Plant Health Progress A peer-reviewed, applied journal focusing on plant protection. Covers plant disease, entomology, and nematology of crops and ornamentals.
- Crop Management A peer-reviewed, applied journal covering crop management practices, crop nutrients, and production agriculture. Focuses on maximizing crop yield and value.
- Forage and Grazinglands A peer-reviewed, applied journal covering animal nutrition and rangeland management.
- Applied Turfgrass Science A peer-reviewed, applied journal covering the many aspects of turfgrass management
- Plant Disease Management Reports More than 5,000 searchable efficacy reports on various means of pest control, such as fungicides, nematicides, and biological controls. PDMR’s purpose is to help users determine the most effective chemicals and nonchemical pest management agents and to ensure maximum effectiveness/minimum use in terms of application. Reports cover various crops, ornamentals, turf and forage.
- Arthropod Management Tests Efficacy reports of insecticides and other means of insect control. Helps users determine the most effective chemicals and brands in managing insects and also to ensure maximum effectiveness/minimum use in terms of application rates. Reports cover crops, ornamentals, turf and forage.
- Symposium/Meeting Proceedings A collection of proceedings on topics related to agriculture and horticulture.
- PMN Image Collections A collection of more than 4,000 plant disease and agricultural images for disease identification, class illustrations, and presentations.
- PMN Partner Extension Search A comprehensive, searchable collection of agricultural and horticultural extension materials provided by PMN's land-grant university partners.
- PMN Plant Science Database A searchable collection of agricultural and horticultural solutions provided by partners in the industry and nonprofit sectors. These solutions include management recommendations, product listings, fact sheets, and more.
- PMN Cross-Journal Search A searchable index of peer-reviewed, applied journals published by partner organizations. Search records link directly to abstracts of the articles.
- Focus on Soybean An online portal for growers, crop consultants, and researchers seeking information on producing healthy, high-yielding soybean crops. Features webcasts from noted extension agents on soybean crop production, protection, and management.
- Focus on Potato An online portal for growers, crop consultants, and researchers seeking information on producing healthy, high-yielding potato crops. Features webcasts from noted extension agents on potato crop production, protection, and management.
- Focus on Ag Practitioners A one-stop portal of agricultural resources for certified crop advisers, independent consultants, and other ag practitioners.