VTechWorks is Virginia Tech's institutional repository. It contains born-digital and scanned publications of Virginia Tech faculty and students, plus documents like Virginia state publications. Most are available in full text (PDF and other formats) and have no restrictions on access.
How VTechWorks benefits you
- Maximum dissemination of your work, to include anyone around the world with an Internet connection
- Greater visibility, because repositories enhance search engine retrieval, and contribute metadata to Google Scholar, OAIster, and WorldCat
- Increased impact, as demonstrated by many studies showing a citation advantage for open access articles
- Preservation of your work, including participation in the MetaArchive Cooperative, that reduces reliance on personal web pages
- A stable link (handle) that won’t change, even when current servers are replaced
- Statistics for article views and downloads, a service usually not provided by publishers