Statewide data (Virginia) GIS sites
- Radford University
- The GIS Center at Radford University, established in July 2001, provides training in GIS software and techniques to both the university community and others.
- University of Virginia Scholar's Lab
- From the University of Virginia. Serves the University community's teaching and research needs in the areas of social science and spatial data and analysis for almost a decade.
- University of Virginia Library Geoportal
- From the University of Virginia. A collection of the Geostat Center contain digital maps, aerial photography and other geographic information for over 51,000 Virginia features.
- Virginia Planning District Commission GIS and mapping Web sites
- Represents many, but not all, Virginia PLanning Districts
State agencies and related offices
- Chesapeake Bay Program
- Geospatial data available from the Chesapeake Bay Program.
- Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation (VDCR)
- This database includes mapped boundaries and attributes for public and certain private lands having various conservation, recreation and open-space roles.
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP)
- VEDP maintains a catalog of the datasets used in its GIS. VEDP creates and maintains some datasets, collects data from local, state, and federal governments, and purchases data from private entities. Datasets we distribute are available for download, and we attempt to provide more information for the remaining datasets.
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM)
- To enable and facilitate local, state, and federal collaboration through the use of geospatial data in order to
protect the Commonwealth of Virginia and its localities from the impacts of natural and manmade hazards
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VDEQ)
- DEQ GIS Datasets
- Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF)
- Data Collection, Mapping and Visualization Data
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF)
- creates and maintains a variety of spatial data.
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- VDOT's enterprise GIS is a map-based grapgical user interface that links various types of transportation data with digital map data.
- Virginia Geographic Information Network (VGIN)
- is Virginia's online portal for discovering and sharing geospatial data and metadata for the Commonwealth.
- Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA)
- GIS contacts for most towns, cities, and counties
- Virginia Places
- Various GIS data layers
- Ed Brooks
Newman Library room 2030
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061