- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition – can be obtained from the Software Distribution Office which is located in 3240 Torgersen Hall. Here you can get the leading GIS software ESRI ArcEditor free of charge as long as you qualify under the license agreement. ArcEditor is a powerful GIS desktop system for editing and managing geographic data.
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Education Edition may only be used for educational, research, and academic purposes, and not for commercial use or resale.
- The term of use is for one year (365 days), which starts upon registration of the Student Edition software. One copy of the software is allowed per student and can only be installed on one computer.
- ArcGIS is a scalable system of software for geographic data creation, management, integration, analysis, and dissemination for every organization, from an individual to a globally distributed network of people.
- All Virginia Tech faculty and staff may access the ESRI GIS software at no charge from the Virginia Tech Software Server. The Enterprise GIS unit has paid in full all "buy in" charges that departments and colleges previously paid IT Acquisitions for ESRI access. We hope that this will stimulate the proliferation of GIS use in all departments, large and small. Please email Software Distribution if you need access to download the software.
- Usage information- ESRI ArcGIS requires one of the following:
- Continuous network access to the campus license server.
- Use of a hardware license key.
- Ed Brooks
Newman Library room 2030
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061