Tutorials about GIS, maps, and mapmaking
- ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Extensions come with tutorials and tutorial data to help you learn to use the software. You can use the links below to open PDF versions of the tutorials, or to view animations based on the tutorials.
- GIS Development
- A Geospatial Communications Network company that strives to promote and propagate the usage of geospatial technologies in various areas of development for the community at large. For all those who want to know about the basics of Geographic Information Systems, this page provides study-material. The tutorial gives a very basic information on the various areas of application in GIS like Global Positioning System, Remote Sensing, Aerial Photgrammetry and Image Processing.
- GIS tutorials from the GeoCommunity
- The GeoCommunity™ is the place for the Geographic Information Systems (GIS), CAD, Mapping, and Location-Based industry professionals, enthusiasts, and students to gather. The GeoCommunity is by far the leading GIS online portal and daily publication reaching 41,000+ subscribers to our Daily SpatialNews Newswire.
- Harvard Map Collection
- GIS Tutorials and Exercises : ArcGIS is a Geographic Information System package developed by Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI). It is useful for manipulating digital representations of geographic entities and their relationships with one-another. This document explains how to get started with ArcGIS.
- GIS Lounge - Very nicely compiled tutorial about the basics of GPS.
- Wormley GPS Tutorials – GPS Tutorials - Online tutorials and primers on the basics of GPS.
- Ed Brooks
Newman Library room 2030
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Current semester hours
Newman Library summer hours
Sun: 9:00am- 10:00pm
Mon-Thu: 7:30am - 10:00pm
Fri: 7:30am - 8:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 8:00pm