Patrons needing assistance accessing physical materials in our collections have several options:
- Use the Request button in Addison to have library staff pull books and bound journals from the stacks and hold them for you at the circulation desk.
- Set up one or more
Proxy borrowers to check out material on your behalf.
- Ask staff at either the circulation desk or the reference desk to assist with retrieving DVDs or other media items.
- Use the Desktop Delivery service to have journal articles, conference papers, or book chapters scanned for you.
- The library's two primary databases for local materials, Addison and Summon, are designed with accessibility in mind.
- Addison has an accessible component to allow for virtual browsing of materials on our shelves.
Assistive technology services in Newman Library has magnifier, screen reader, and text to speech technologies to enable access to our physical collections.
Accessible parking spaces are located close to each of our buildings:
- Both sides of Alumni Mall near the second floor entrance to Newman Library
- Behind Cowgill Hall near the first floor entrances for the Art + Architecture branch
- In the Vet Med clinic lot near the clinic entrance (then ask for a visitor's ID at the clinic desk)
- In the large lot beside the Northern Virginia Center