Students, faculty, and staff with mailing addresses outside the New River Valley counties of Montgomery, Giles, and Pulaski are considered extended campus users.
- ILLiad is the single request system through which extended campus users (students and faculty) can obtain materials owned by the Virginia Tech Libraries or other libraries.
- If you do not already have an account, you must first register with ILLiad before placing requests.
- There is no charge for this service.
Things to know
- There are a full range of library services available to extended campus users:
- Addison, Virginia Tech's library catalog, provides links to request books through ILLiad in the External Links box on the right side of the Addison screen. After logging into ILLiad, submit the auto-populated form to request the item.
- You can also use the ILLiad request link on Get VText screens from databases such as WorldCat.
- Books, videos, and other physical materials are mailed to the address you have listed on your ILLiad account, so please keep this up to date.
- Almost all articles are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
Shipping and returns
- Materials are shipped to patrons via United Parcel Service (UPS).
- If you have not received a package within 7 days of the email notification of shipment, please contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 540-231-6344.
- If Interlibrary Loan is not notified within 7 days of UPS confirmation of delivery, patrons are responsible for the replacement price of the item(s) sent.
- Please make sure that your delivery address is up to date in ILLiad.
- Interlibrary Loan encloses a pre-paid United Postal Service (USPS) that you can you to return materials to the library.