Renewing ILLiad materials
- You may request renewal of your loan from another library using ILLiad.
- Renewal policies for each item are determined by the lending library, not by Virginia Tech. In general, lending libraries will allow no more than one renewal of the loan. Many libraries, especially those with longer loan periods, will not allow any renewals.
- Materials delivered from the University Libraries' collections to our extended campus customers are checked out to your Addison account.
Renewing in ILLiad
- Please make your request at least two days before the item is due so we may contact the lending library for permission to renew.
- Logon to ILLiad.
- Click the Renew/Checked Out Items link on the left menu to display everything checked under your username.
- Select the item that you want to renew by clicking the appropriate transaction number. You will then see detailed information about that request.
- Click the Request Renewal link at the top of the item transaction page. If there is no Request Renewal link, the lending library will not allow the loan to be renewed.
- After renewing a request, you will see a confirmation message at the top of the ILLiad screen.
- Once the item has been renewed, the due date will automatically reflect the two week renewal.
- We will notify you if the lending library makes the decision to not allow the renewal request.
US Postal Service
P.O. Box 90001
Blacksburg, VA 24062-9001
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
So, how are we doing? Send us feedback.