You may request a renewal of your loan using ILLiad.
- Renewal policies for each item are determined by the lending library.
- Some libraries allow one renewal (generally two weeks), while others provide longer loan periods with no renewals.
- Please make your request at least two days before the item is due so the lending library has time to respond.
- Within ILLiad select Renew/Checked Out Items on the left menu bar to view items currently checked out to you.
- Select the item that you want to renew.
- Select Request Renewal at the top of the request page.
- If there is no Request Renewal link, the lending library does not allow renewals.
- Please email Interlibrary Loan regarding special circumstances.
- After renewing a request, you will see a confirmation message at the top of the request screen.
- We will notify you via email if the lending library extends the loan period or does not allow the renewal.
For Extended Users, materials requested from the University Libraries' collections are checked out to your Library account where you can request renewals.