Dissertations from most universities are indexed in the Dissertations and Theses from ProQuest database.
- You can search the full text of all Virginia Tech theses and dissertations submitted online since 1997 or browse by author or department.
- Virginia Tech's ETD collection provides downloadable copies of the majority of Virginia Tech dissertations and theses completed from 1997 to the present. However, some items may have restricted access at the request of the author.
- Some universities post recent dissertations and theses on the their web pages.
- Some listings are citations only, and require an ILLiad request to obtain the full document.
- For non-Virginia Tech items, many universities will lend a print copy of a masters thesis or Ph.D. dissertation if available, while others will provide a PDF of the material.
- Occasionally, some libraries cannot provide a thesis or dissertation because the author requested restricted access.
When a library, especially those from international institutions, is unwilling or unable to lend a dissertation or thesis, Interlibrary Loan will request the Center for Research Libraries to purchase a copy.
- Submit the request through your ILLiad account, select Dissertation/Thesis from the left menu bar.
- Enter as much information as possible to assist us in locating the item you need.