Nov. 8, 2011 – Interlibrary Loan will now send courtesy notices via email when you have a returnable item become due in one week. Some items can be renewed (see below). You will also receive two more notices once an items becomes overdue.
- Please make your request at least two days before the item is due so we may contact the lending library for permission to renew.
- Logon to ILLiad.
- Click the Renew/Checked Out Items link on the left menu to display everything checked under your username.
- Select the item that you want to renew by clicking the appropriate transaction number. You will then see detailed information about that request.
- Click the Request Renewal link at the top of the item transaction page. If there is no Request Renewal link, the lending library will not allow the loan to be renewed.
- After renewing a request, you will see a confirmation message at the top of the ILLiad screen.
- Once the item has been renewed, the due date will automatically reflect the two week renewal.
- We will notify you if the lending library makes the decision to not allow the renewal request.