Our new copier/printers also provide scanning to a variety of file formats for 5¢/page. These are most useful when scanning multiple documents that can be fed through the sheet feeder.
A self-service scanner is also located at the Circulation Desk on the second floor that can scan to a USB drive, DropBox, Google Drive, email attachment, or fax to a phone number. These scans are also 5¢/page.
How to scan on the multipurpose printer/copier/scanners
- Swipe your Hokie Passport (stripe side up).
- An account screen showing your current balance will appear. You must have Hokie Passport value on your card in the "Flex" account. Funds can be added to your account using the cash-to-card machines in front of the Circulation Desk on the second floor or beside the copiers on the 4th floor. Push OK.
- Insert your USB drive on the right side of the control panel.
- Press the Main Menu button on the left side of the control panel. This brings up a screen with the option to Scan and Store. Choose this option.
- Select the A: drive and then any individual folder in which to save your scan.
- Use the Scan button in the lower-right. This brings us the scan control screen.
- Here your can configure options such as resolution and file format. Now align your original to the upper-left corner of the platen glass or in the feeders. Press the green Start button on the right-side of the control panel to begin scanning.
- When finished, to remove your drive, use the green up arrow on the control screen, then press the green Remove button. Press OK and remove your drive.
- Once you have completed using the photocopier/printer/scanner, be sure to log out using the button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
How to use the self-service scanner/fax
- Swipe your Hokie Passport or copy card.
- Select a destination for your scanned document (some options will require your input).
- Position your document.
- Select your scanning options (these will vary based on your destination choice).
- Press the scan button on the screen.
- Adjust your scan (crop, rotate, etc).
- Choose to scan more pages or stop the scan.