Here's a list of a couple of sites that also have the 1:24,000 Digital Topographic maps. Some sites charges a minimal fee, other are free.
- Virginia Gazetteer
- This is a searchable database that will allow access to several of our most commonly used GIS data sets including Digital Elevation Models (DEMs), Digital Topographic Maps (DRGs), Land Cover Data (NLCD), Aerial Photos (DOQQs) and Satellite Imagery.
- Radford University's Department of Geography
- Makes available US Geological Survey 7.5' topographic sheets in digital format as a courtesy to the community. Each sheet is a scanned copy of a USGS topographic sheet and includes a reference file that allows it to be used by software that supports the USGS Digital Raster Graphics (DRG) standard. Coverage will be complete for Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
- TerraServer contains 3.3 tera-bytes of high resolution USGS aerial imagery and USGS topographic maps. You can locate imagery by clicking on the map above, entering a city or town name in the "Search TerraServer" form at the top of the page, or entering a U.S. street address. Click on Advanced Find to see other methods for searching our imagery database.
- The GIS Data Depot
- The GISDataDepot is the place on the web to download Free data for use with your GIS or CAD software. You'll also have access to GIS Data focussed news, feature articles, and tools.