Commercial | Government map data | Census data
- ArcUSA database is a comprehensive vector base map of the United States at the scale of 1:2 million. It contains attribute data suitable for perfoming a wide range of analyses and for generating thematic maps for counties and states throughout the conterminous United States. The database consists of cartographic, attribute, and textual data provided on compact disc accessible through ArcView, ARC/INFO, and other ESRI software.
- ArcWorld database is a comprehensive vector base map of the World at the scale of 1:2 million. It contains cartographic and statistical data needed to generate country-level thematic maps of the world accessible through ArcView, ARC/INFO, and other ESRI software.
- Street Atlas USA Street maps for all major USA cities; can locate individual streets for large metropolitan areas and even focus on street addresses for blocks; can search by zip code and telephone area code. Produced by Delorme Mapping.
- U.S. Street database; contains more than 14 million addressed street segments along with postal boundaries, landmarks, and water features.
Government map data
- 1:100,000-Scale DLG (Digital Line Graph) Data, Hydrography/Transportation, Optional and Standard Format digital mapping data for 14 regions covering the entire USA, exclusive of Alaska.
- 1:2,000,000 - Scale Digital Line Graph (DLG) Data, (Optional and Standard) is derived from the 1:2,000,000 scale sectional maps of National Atlas of U.S.; data for all 50 states is available organized into 21 geographic regions. Data includes: planimetric base categories, a Digital Elevation Model (DEM), land use and land cover digital data and the Geographic Names Information System (for areas in the U.S.)
- Census Mapper; Metro area, state or county data sets from the 1997 Statistical Abstract of the United States. Produced as a cooperative agreement between ESRI and Bureau of the Census.
- Digital Chart of the World is a comprehensive database for use with ARC/INFO and ArcView, a 1:1 million scale basemap.
- Digital Orthophoto Quadrangles, "Olmsted County" Project, Minnesota; U.S. Geological Survey a JPEG compressions of 60 quarter quadrangles including demonstration samples.
- DRG, Digital raster graphic data - The library has a very limited selection of digital topo maps on cdrom for other states. These cdroms contain tiff graphic images for the USGS 1:250,000, 1:100,000 and associated 1:24,000 topographic quadrangles. But, the library does have the entire 1:24,000 scale topographic coverage for Va. online.
- Geographical Identification Code Scheme
- Geographic names Information System (GNIS) Digital Gazeteer, U.S. Geological Survey is composed of three databases: the National Geographic Names Data Base (NGNDB), the National Topographic Map Names Data Base (NTMNDB), and the Reference Data Base (RDB). Each database provides different, but related, information about names in the 50 states, D.C., and the territories and outlying areas of the United States.
- LandView II: Mapping of Selected EPA-Regulated Sites TIGER/Line 1992, and 1990 Census of Population and Housing (11 discs; disc 11 is U.S. Summary plus selected MSAs)
- Minerals and Materials Informations, U.S.G.S
- National Imagery and mapping Agency, Vector Map, Level 0, 12 updated and improved version of the National Imagery and Mapping Agency's (NIMA) Digital Chart of the World (DCW). The VMap Level 0 database provides worldwide coverage of vector-based geospatial data which can be viewed at 1:1,000,000 scale. Includes major road and rail networks, hydrologic drainage systems, utility networks (cross-country pipelines and communication lines), major airports, elevation contours, coastlines, international boundaries and populated places.
- National Transportation Atlas Databases(NTAD); U .S. Dept. of Transportation produced this CD_ROM which includes geospatial information for transportation modal networks and intermodal terminals, and related attribute information.
- North American Transportation Atlas Data(NORTAD); is a set of geographic data sets for transportation facilities in Canada, mexico, and the United States. Produced by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation.
- TIGER/Line Data Files
- Tongass National Forest, Land Resource Management Plan, 1997, Forest Plan, Final Environmental Impact Statement Record of Decision Maps, Alaska Region
- United States Waterway Data
- U.S.G.S. Digital Line Graph Series (DLG)
- U.S.G.S., DRG, Digital Raster Graphic Data
- 1998 USA Counties CDROM
- 1990 Census of Population and Housing
- Agriculture Census
- Economic Census
- Transportation Census