Records transfer form form to arrange for storage of inactive records, within 30 days of storage, in the University Records Center.
- Name: Enter the name of the person appointed as the Records Coordinator by the department head to be the liaison to Records Management Services.
- Phone.: Enter the Records Coordinators phone number in case there are any questions.
- Department name: Enter the name of your department.
- Mail code: Enter the mail code to which information will be sent from RMS.
- Department number: Enter the standard three-digit code allocated to your department.
- RC Box #: For Records Management Services use.
- Unit Box #: Enter the unique number that you have assigned to each box (e.g., 1-98, 1-99, etc).
- Records series code, title, and date of records: Enter the records series code number listed on the VT Records Retention Schedule for the particular records series. For example, "102-012083" is the records series code for "Accounts Receivable." Next enter the title of the records and the dates pertaining to the contents of each box. If you're not sure of the records series code, please contact us.
- Contents 1st file and last file: Enter the first folder title, number, etc. and the last folder title, number, etc.
Call the Dept. of Records Management Services if you have any questions.
You will receive via campus mail, labels to be placed in the lower right hand corner of the short edge of the box, and the form New Box Transfers.
Your department has the responsibility to deliver the boxes to Records Management, within 30 days, or your transfer will be cancelled. Boxes however, cannot be sent through campus mail. This can be done either by department personnel or by Physical Plant Moving and Hauling (540-231-4608).