Useful campus links for extended campus users
- Use a Virtual Private Network connection to the campus network as one way to access librray resources remotely. Be sure to use the option to route all traffic through the VPN (and not just traffic to on-campus servers) to use library databases, ejournals, ebooks, and more.
- MyVT allows quick access to your personal, Virginia Tech-related information: courses and transcripts, financial aid and accounts, email and addresses. You can use MyVT to view information about your PID and password, plus your affiliations with the university, both of which affect your ability to use Off Campus Sign In.
- Virginia Tech's virtual center for distance learning students. Search for online or videoconferencing courses, degree or certificate options, university services, and technical support.
- Technology-enhanced Learning and Online Strategies formed from the combination of Learning Technologies and the Institute for Distance and Distributed Learning. They support services like Scholar, the university's learning management system, online webinar systems, and the Lynda.com training service. They also provide support for students needing proctoring.
- Enrollment and Degree Management
- This office handles admissions, registration, and related functions for distance learning students.
- Student Software Distribution
- Free and discounted software for current Virginia Tech students. You'll need to set up a VPN connection to the campus network to download software.
Email the Distance Education support group or use the chat service below.
Newman Library Hours